Schickt den Männern die Rechnung, denn sie haben die Sch... gemacht (engl. Text)

17 Beiträge in diesem Thema

Empfohlene Beiträge

Send Men The Bill — They Made The Mess
October 07, 2011|Gina Barreca, Irreconcilable Differences

Everybody wants to tax somebody else: Tax the rich, tax the fat, tax the bald, tax pet owners, gum chewers and those who like manicures. I would like to offer a different solution: Let's tax men. In fact, let's tax men a lot, more than they're already being taxed, and let's not tax women at all.

ound fair to you? Good. Me too.

After all, women are not the ones wrecking the nation's infrastructure. We're not the ones shooting at the "No U-turn" signs on rural highways. It's not women who are trying to make our names as graffiti artists. You'll rarely find a bunch of broads gathered together attempting to create weapons of mass destruction or figuring out how to really get ahead in next year's arms race.

We're not the ones running Fortune 500 companies into the ground or manipulating the stock market. As many people have noted, had the firm been called Lehman's Sisters it might not have gone down the fiscal toilet, taking Wall Street's profits with it.

There's really no female equivalent of Bernie Madoff. (Don't talk to me about Madoff's wife, either; she couldn't have swindled $2 out of Martha Stewart at a fundraiser for abandoned Labradoodles).

I think it's time for women to stop going Dutch when it comes to taxes. It's been a bad date.

And the bad date has gone on for quite some time, too. Since 1778, when Hannah Lee Corbin wrote indignantly to her brother — a member of the Continental Congress — complaining that independent women suffered from taxation without representation, women have been exploited, manipulated, ignored, mocked, abused and fleeced by moron politicians and profiteering businessmen. Women have been duped and hoodwinked into believing that men act in their best interests. Even worse, women were betrayed into believing that they could not handle financial or political matters. (HAHA) Therefore they had no option — stock or otherwise — but to put their trust and trust funds into the hands of those sporting top hats and coattails.

It's time for that to stop. Women should no longer feel obliged to dump the contents of our purses into the great financial mess made by men. Let's think about what we as a nation spend most of our taxes on: developing new and improved weaponry, paying off the soaring national debt, rebuilding our public schools, and replacing manhole covers that were stolen and sold for scrap.

How many of these debacles have women really participated in? Perhaps some women run up debt. (LOL? Some debt??) But it's usually on our Visa or Discover cards and we can redeem points for a spatula. And to be perfectly honest, we do a very good job at keeping debt on those to a minimum — unless it's a card that gives 5 percent back on our purchases like T.J. Maxx. It's just easier to pay in cash. Let the federal governmentlb_icon1.png try to pay in cash. Let it try to get 5 percent back. Hell, let the government try extreme couponing. Let it get those weapons at a two-for-one discount.

Rebuilding our public schools? If we need to rebuild our public schools, it's not because of what little girls have done. Put it this way: Do we spend $12,846 per school district per annum erasing drawings of male anatomy on desks, walls and bathroom stalls because of little girls? No. Girls just don't do this. You rarely see little girls drawing pictures of their reproductive organs while, for example, in the elevator. It isn't how we mark our territory.

Virginia Woolf once wrote, "As a woman, I have no country … as a woman, my country is the whole world." Unlike Woolf, I do have a country. One of which I am very proud. One that I now feel represents me and treats me like a citizen, something I think that a lot of women — and a lot of men for that matter — were not given the privilege of feeling. It's as if the whole package has finally arrived, and for those who have waited the longest.

But men and women alike will tell you that, yes, parts were damaged in shipping. If we're returning anything to sender, the guy should pay the postage.

Gina Barreca is an English professor at the University of Connecticut and a feminist scholar who has written eight books. She can be reached through her website at xxxx

Quelle:

Hinweis: Die ist Professorin looool

bearbeitet von Alphabeta66

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Man ihr wollt hier wirklich alles vorgekaut bekommen....... :db:

Frag mich, ob das PU typisch ist :help:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Danke für weitere Bestätigung.... :good:

Ich weiß ja Englisch ist nicht leicht......

Mir gehts gar nicht um den Text, sondern um deine Intention hier Geschlechterbashing zu fördern. Dafür gibts andere Foren.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Naja, hier sind viele Männer im Forum, die auch mal falsche Vorstellungen von Frauen haben. Der o.s. Text könnte hilfreich sein....als Warnung sozusagen.

ich mein, diese Frau ist Professorin an einer Uni (wird also vermutlich vom Staat bezahlt) und kann ungestraft solchen Quark verbreiten. Wenn das ein Mann gewesen wäre, sicher schon lange geteert und gefedert.

Ist das Geschlechterbashing ? Falls ja, dann ok, ich bin schuldig. Aber dann auch gerne ehrlichgesagt. :)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ich mein, diese Frau ist Professorin an einer Uni (wird also vermutlich vom Staat bezahlt) und kann ungestraft solchen Quark verbreiten. Wenn das ein Mann gewesen wäre, sicher schon lange geteert und gefedert.

Und deswegen solltest du heulen. Es tut mir leid, wenn dich das verletzt.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Ich sehe die Welt nicht durch ne rosarote Brille.

Aber ok, wenn die Mehrheit meint, das wäre "Geschlechter bashing" (welches Geschlechts denn eigentlich??) dann gut, dann mache ich das halt. Soll mir Recht sein,lieber "basher" als "sheeple"

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Nur weil irgendeine Frau da irgendwo was palavert, geht dir das so nahe, dass du das allen mitteilen musst?

Weil du genau was befürchtest bzw. wovor Angst hast?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ich mein, diese Frau ist Professorin an einer Uni (wird also vermutlich vom Staat bezahlt) und kann ungestraft solchen Quark verbreiten.

Aha.... Aber dass die Frau Humoristin ist und Comedy macht, ist dir Schlauberger schon auch bekannt, oder ?????

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Nur weil irgendeine Frau da irgendwo was palavert, geht dir das so nahe, dass du das allen mitteilen musst?

Weil du genau was befürchtest bzw. wovor Angst hast?

Ist ja kein Einzelfall. Nur ein Beispiel. Angst habe ich nicht, da ich nicht mehr so Frauen abhängig bin (ausser biologisch gesehen). Befürchten tue ich aktuell, dass Frauen generell zu sehr verwöhnt werden bzw es ihnen recht leicht gemacht wird (hier zB. gesellschaftlich oder auch durch PUA etc.). Ich hatte das hier schon mal in einem anderen Kontext konkretisiert und gemerkt, dass hier nicht die Stimmung dazu herrscht, dieses gesamtgesellschaftlich zu betrachten. Das ist aber auch logisch, da Männer ja auch konkurieren miteinander. Also eher gegeneinander arbeiten, während Frauen sich viel besser organisieren können und zusammenhalten.

Der Thread kann geschlossen werden @ Mod: Es ist hier nicht der richtige Ort dafür.

@ Elia: Nein, das wusste ich nicht. Aber sie ist nicht lustig (hab grad ein Video gegoogelt)....Weiterhin ist sie " a feministic scholar" was einiges erklären sollte.

Also zumachen bitte, wegen Verirrung des Posters.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Du wirst also nicht rangelassen. Ok.

Kann man hier erlernen.

Love it.

2w3w8bn.gif

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Das ist aber auch logisch, da Männer ja auch konkurieren miteinander. Also eher gegeneinander arbeiten, während Frauen sich viel besser organisieren können und zusammenhalten.

Hahahahahahaha.

Deine Comedy-Fähigkeiten sind definitiv wesentlich besser als die Gina Barrecas.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Erstelle ein Mitgliedskonto, oder melde Dich an, um zu kommentieren

Du musst ein Mitgliedskonto haben, um einen Kommentar verfassen zu können

Mitgliedskonto erstellen

Registriere Dich ganz einfach in unserer Community.

Mitgliedskonto registrieren

Anmelden

Du hast bereits ein Mitgliedskonto? Melde Dich hier an.

Jetzt anmelden